Thursday 26 May 2016

When the daily grind grinds you

Whenever I get home from work, my husband would ask, "How's your day?". I answer, "Busy and tired". I do that most of the time. I had been busy at work and no energy for conversation now. I just want to sit down and relax. 

But do I? My eyes wander and see that the room has changed. Clutter. Mess. I thought that it's disrespectful to not maintain the cleanliness and leave a space to rest happily. I was disappointed and uttered words of flame against my husband. I didn't see that he was tired, too. Running the home that day, making sure that there is cooked food at the table for us. Driver for the kids to school,and after school activities.

I forgot about that! And feel gutted to myself. This role reversal has given me privilege to work and leave my husband as a homemaker. He's not used to it. It's not his shape.

This daily grind leave us both exhausted and hurt. There is no more we can do than ask for intervention. This surely can't go on.

We need help. We need grace.

"But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, then the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and whenever the Spirit of the Lord is, he gives freedom. And all of us have had that veil removed so that we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more." 2 Corinthians 3:16-18

God reminds us that we have limitations. Strengths fail us constantly and leave us miserable and in despair. We have to let Him lead us so the daily grind does not get to us. But it's not easy. The road is not always smooth and wide. Our lives are a work in progress. We need to keep our eyes on Him and trust Him for what He can do for us.

Thank God! We can sit down and rest. We can talk about the kids and our plans. God is good. He can do amazing things in our lives.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Glory to God for Answered Prayers

Prayer is a timeless expression of faith. We pray at every opportunity about anything that concerns us. We ask God to provide for our eve...